The Alloro B&B in Florence is located in Palazzo Castiglioni, an age-old Florentine residence with an internal courtyard. Close to the Santa Maria Novella station (SMN), with an extremely convenient location to reach the city’s attractions by foot or with public transportation, this bed and breakfast is the ideal place for tourist vacationsat “zero km” because it is so close to the historic center.
Take all the time you need to visit the Duomo, the Campanile di Giotto (Giotto’s Bell Tower) and the Battistero (Baptistery), the Cappelle Medicee (Medici Chapels), the Uffizi, and the Convento di San Marco (St. Mark Convent), the Home of Dante, the Accademia (Academy), the statue of David and the Palazzo Medici Riccardi (Medici Riccardi Palace).
Indulge yourselves in shopping, looking at all the boutiques of via Tornabuoni or via della Vigna Nuova. If you love typical stands then you’ll love the ones at the San Lorenzo market. If you’re looking for brand name clothing at good prices instead, then take the shuttle bus towards the Tuscan countryside where you will find the modern outlet center, The Mall.
During expos and conventions in Florence you will appreciate how close the B&B is to the Palazzo dei Congressi (Congress Building) and to the expo area, Fortezza da Basso.
We will be only too happy to let you know about events and places to see and visit, whether it’s a trendy trattoria or the opening of an art exhibit.
- By train
- • From the Santa Maria Novella (SMN) station you can reach the B&B with a 5 minute walk: exit to the left leaving the train tracks behind you, take via Panzani, the main road towards the Duomo; at the first traffic light turn left, after 50 meters at n. 8 of via del Giglio there’s the entrance to Alloro B&B.
- By plane
- • From the airports of Firenze Peretola-Amerigo Vespucci and Pisa Galileo Galilei you can take the bus to the SMN station of Florence or a cab.
Florence bus / taxi 20 – 30 minutes
Pisa bus / train about 1.15 hours
- By car
- • The Alloro B&B of Florence is in a restriced traffic area (or ZTL in Italian): In order for the Municipality to grant you permission inside the area please give us the license plate number when you arrive. There is also a paid parking area.
- • From the North: get off at the “Firenze Nord” exit, follow the directions for the centro (downtown) or the SMN station.
- • From the South: get off at the “Firenze Impruneta” exit, follow the directions for the centro (downtown) or the SMN station.